Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Obama-mania

I am do glad to be able to witness this history changing moment. This is such an emotional time for all of us. We either got who we voted for or we didn't. In my case, I got my "wish". I say this because when I go and vote, it's like making a wish. And it came true tonight.

My wish for Barack Obama is that he will stay true to his words and make this world a better place. Yes, I understand that he is not a super-hero, but he is the closest thing to one that we have right now.

I know, they are all politicians. But I really believed Barack's words, promises and plans. I am hoping that the politician in him will not prevail and the man he is and the dreams that he has will.

This just goes to prove that the good will win and that ALL men are created equal. As Martin Luther King said, "Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."

And this goes perfect for Obama's change. I can't wait to see what is to come of all this. I finally feel like I can breathe. Jobs will be better, the economy will get better and the world will be a better place. In time. Nothing happens overnight. I hope that I am not rushing things, but we need change now!

My hopes for the new president is that he will listen to us. He is connected enough with us to read our emails and on social networking sites. Hopefully, whoever it is that is in charge of these accounts, they will bring our concerns to the new president and he will find a way to make things more bearable.
"You hear our voices, you need our help."

"A government of the people and by the people has not parished. This is our victory!"

Please, don't let us down. "We as a people will get there". Yes we can!
"Let us look not only after ourselves, but after each other." "We are not enemies, but friends."

God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment