Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Love Google

I Love Google! I just do! Throughout the years of my disorganized online and offline life, Google has always been there, creating new and better ways to simply all aspects of life. Today they came out with Google Chrome. Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier. I was thinking it would be something less to be desired. I am a Firefox Fan, myself. But it turns out, I was wrong. I downloaded it today and have been using since that moment. I have to say... I Love It!
It seems quicker than Internet Explorer and surprisingly, doesn't slow my computer down one bit. My computer seems to shut off whenever it feels like it. This happens whether I use Internet Explorer or Firefox. I know it doesn't have anything to do with the browsers. That's not what I am getting at. When this does happen, if I am using Internet Explorer, I lose EVERY tab I had opened. I guess I could look through the history, but why when you could use FireFox. When this happens and you are using FireFox, it saves everything. So when you go to click on FireFox, it asks you if you would like to restore session or start a new one. There are no words to explain how crucial this is to me, because of my computer's illness.
It is inevitable. My computer did restart itself once, only once. That's right, it is not uncommon for my computer to restart itself as many times as it wants, nor does it feel that it needs to have a good reason why. It must be a Sagittarius, like ME! :)
I reloaded Google Chrome. It saves your Most Visited Sites, Recent Bookmarks and then has a neat little link that says Show Full History. This made it very easy to go find the pages that I had open and was working on, playing with, etc.
I have to say, I like it, I like it Alot!
The other things that Google has come out with that has helped me, made my life easier or tied everything together in one place are; Gmail - Google's own email. It automatically saves typed emails as drafts until you either delete them or send them. Saves all conversations with the person you are emailing and replying in one email, allows you to search, has the best spam filter that I have seen yet and when there is a date or time in the email, it asks you if you would like to add it to your Google Calendar.
Google Calendar is cool because you can make it private or public. You can also specify a person or persons to share your calendar with, emails you reminders if you choose and can save several calendars and you can color code each one.
Google Documents because your documents are web-based, so you can access them anytime you want, anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection. I use mine for my resume and other miscellaneous things that I may want to access wherever.
Google Bookmarks - you can give them tags, add them to the notebook as well and just click a little star to bookmark it instead of the semi-lengthy process in Internet Explorer.
I also love their toolbar, it's all right there and you can send pages via your gmail account by simply right clicking and choosing send to gmail.
And last but not least, let's not forget about Blogger. I have never had a problem with Blogger, but wanted something that seemed less amateur. So for a while I was trying WordPress. But quickly found out that they don't allow you the amount of stuff that Blogger allows you for FREE.
And to me, FREE over rules everything else. 8)
The only thing I have not tried, but I will find out soon enough, is when you copy and paste from FireFox, it copies it as the html. I am hoping that Google Chrome will do this as well.
I am still a FireFox fan, but I Love Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment