Tuesday, September 30, 2008

And the moral is the same: slow and steady wins the race.

The Tortoise and the Hare. And the moral is the same: slow and steady wins the race. Focus on the task at hand, single-mindedly see it through, and the gold can be yours!

After an almost gruelling summer of trying to get my car fixed, my mission has finally been accomplished. I finally got my check from doing an MTV event at Six Flags. That money was used to get my knock sensor on my car, which was causing my check engine light to be on. This was causing my car from passing inspection. The problem was that when my car was due for inspection, someone had hit my car while I was at a Big Brother and The Holding Company concert. I guess that is Murphy's Law in effect. 

I only had basic coverage on my car and was lucky enough to get that fixed by Rick's Auto Body. Which you can read about that in this earlier post.

I had planned on getting the check engine light fixed and had went to the local auto part store so that they could hook up the scanner to my car to find out the code(s) that was keeping my check engine light on and to find out if it needed to be special ordered and how much it would be. It was $93.44 including tax. So, I knew to put aside that much money to get the part. Today was the day to get it. When I called the store and spoke to someone there, they recommended me to a local place that I had no idea about. East Coast Swappers is the hidden gem in Springfield, MA. 


I took pictures and will be posting them within the next day or two. So, make sure to check them out in my flickr.

East Coast Swappers is a local business in Springfield, MA and they fix mostly Subaru's. The racing ones, even. Did you know that in Connecticut and New York, they have courses you can race and drift? I had no idea, until today. I bought my knock sensor from them, which they pulled off one of their spare engines. How cool is that? They saved me $44.00. I brought it home and thought we could change it, but you need a torque wrench, which we do not own. So I called them back and told them I did not have a torque wrench to do this. He told me if I came back at 3, they would put it on for $20.00. This was still $24 cheaper than if I had bought that one part from the store. 

Going there is like the shop in the movie, The Fast And The Furious. They had about 5 racing cars in there, all supped up, working on them. Either fixing what was wrong with them or adding in the extras to make the cars faster. I guess they install turbos and whatever you want to make your Subaru's performance even better and faster.

I called up Welker's Gulf Station today to find out how much inspection stickers were. I thought they were $35 and Shawn thought it was $50. In Massachusetts, they are $29.00. So the money they saved me, I am going to be able to get my inspection sticker. A much appreciated and big thank you to all the guys at East Coast Swappers. You have no idea...how much you saved me!

I talked to my friend, Jessica today. She lives in Mississippi. She told me that in MS, inspection stickers are $5. I wish they were that cheap here. I don't know why the price difference. She also told me that cigarettes there are under $5.00, as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment