Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spfld Post Office closing early on Tax Day

Dear Post Office;
What's up with that?!

With life being so crazy and living life on the fly, I haven't really had time to sit down and watch the news. The one time I wish I had, I didn't. Isn't that the way my life goes?
I completely forgot that today was April 15th also known as Tax Day. I also missed the Post Office.

In the past years, the Post Office was always open until midnight on Tax Day. I just figured this year it was, also. I was so wrong. Is this just another sign of the economy?

I was so confused about this and was so sure that they were open, atleast one. I came home after finding out the Post Office near my house was closed to find out which one is open for Tax Day and this is what I found:

Spfld Post Office closing early on Tax Day
Closing time at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday April 15, 2009

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - The Springfield Post Office is expecting to be extra busy Wednesday with last minute tax filers, as they have one more day to file those federal income tax returns, or seek an extension.
A warning for people looking to mail your returns there, as the Springfield Post Office will be closing Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. and the final mail pickup from the blue mailboxes will be at 7 p.m. While it has been open later in years past, this year won't be the case.
One of the most common mistakes people make when they file their tax returns is forgetting to sign their return. So before you mail, double-check and make sure it's signed.

No comments:

Post a Comment