Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Webcam not all it's cracked up to be...

We went to Best Buy yesterday so that Shawn could get the parts he needed to fix his computer. I have been wanting a webcam and finally got one yesterday.

The problem is that I'm not a loyal shopper and I go where the price is the cheapest. I have blogged about a few of those instances. Getting this webcam is another one of those to add to the list.

The webcam, Dynex brand - a Best Buy generic, was the cheapest by about $20. But it doesn't have much for controls and looks great when you are not recording or taking pictures. As soon as you record a video, everything is delayed by about 10 seconds. This is an important feature that wasn't written on the package and would have to be one of those learn from mistakes circumstances.

As you can see from their website, they really didn't do much with it. This is important people!!! Get with the program Dynex!

I will be packaging this back up and exchange it for something that I should have gotten to begin with.

Again, I didn't save money...I saved $20 for something that doesn't exactly work as intended and now the time and gas to get back there, just to do it right, like I should have to begin with.

But hey, live and learn....and if you're not learning, you're not living! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment