Thursday, August 14, 2008

Morning Gibberish

My friend's cousin, only 24 years old, was stabbed in the chest and abdomen, becoming Springfield's 9th murder victim. A second man suffered minor stab wounds as a result. I offered to babysit my friend's son yesterday and today. She had a wake and a funeral to go to. You can read the link here. It is so awful. I just don't understand how a human being with a heart, brain and feelings can do such a thing. I am lost for words.

She came to the house at 7 O'Clock this morning, ringing the doorbell every half of a second and at the same time banging on my front door. Meanwhile, my kids are sleeping. She is dropping off her son, screaming at the top of his lungs and crying. I was at his mercy, praying that he hadn't woken up my kids. I immediately took him out of the house and talked to his mom outside. After a few minutes of holding him on my hip while talking to her, he had calmed down. Thank God!

But, that didn't take away the fact that my kids got woken up. I hate it when that happens. It is vacation, and I believe in letting them sleep in until about 9ish, 10ish...depending on what time they went to bed. During vacation, my husband and I let them stay up until 11pm. And they deserve it, too. They did great in school, never had to go to summer school as of yet and they got perfect attendance. There were a few close calls when they had gotten sick and still chose to go to school. Bless their hearts. I am so proud of them. I hope this is a sign of the kind of work ethics they will have when they become adults. Of course, their father is the same way. He is a Capricorn and works even when he is sick.

I didn't get a shower this morning because I didn't wake up early enough. When I woke up, Shawn was just getting out of the shower, and then the phone rang. My friend said she was on her way. I stayed up too late again playing MySpace Mobsters and Mafia Wars. Trying to get my levels up and gain some money. All that was in vain, because my mission wasn't accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment